Looking for a case that is dust proof or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I know that computers need to have ventilation but I need to build a computer for someone that is not in the cleanest environment. Is there such a case that can help with that situation. Thanks.

look at the antec 900 or NZXT tempest, both have 2-3 120mm front fans...and i'm pretty sure both have a type of fan grill/filter type thing going on...so it will help with dust....

The fans on the 900 are also have manual speed controls so you can dole down the intake....but it's still two front 120s.

look at the antec 900 or NZXT tempest, both have 2-3 120mm front fans...and i'm pretty sure both have a type of fan grill/filter type thing going on...so it will help with dust....

Wait, he wants a case that wont get a lot of dust in it and you recommend two cases with the most fans ever created?!

I would just recommend as big a case as possible, with just 120mm fans and then install fan filters on all of the intakes. Make sure you make more intakes than exhausts to maintain a positive pressure.

I'd recommend an alienware case. I never had to clean it so far, and it has like automatic dust filters. and their easy to clean out too.

Just one thing for alienware, if you buy an earlie model be prepared to get a propietary psu, and if its the newest model then you should have no problems. except finding one.

also be aware they are preety much made of plastic, so they can break so easily. Don;t expect them to last. Although mine has lasted over 5 years.

I am comparing my alienware to my old antec 900, on my antec 900 I had to clean it every 2 days, howerver I never used filters. I have never seen my alienware dusty, and its right next to the open window. So its great for that.

and weren't you just making a huge post about how not to buy them? lol...

I recommended them because he is (at least i guess) using some type of air filters so i thought they would be decent cases considering both have grill type things around the fans to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom