PCI-E 2.0 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ati tool. im doing a test to my core clock or something right now lol. not sure how long im supposed to let it do it.

well you don't have the card(s) yet so what are u going to do? (im not sure if u already said what ur gpu is bt what is it?)

I just wanted to test this overclocking out. I have the xfx 8600 gt 256mb ddr3. on this it says core clock 540, memory 700 at default. running in idle at 50 degrees right now.

for idle that pretty hot, i wouldn't oc it much, but if u want to test out ocing just raise the core like 10 and the memory 10.

really? i thought that was pretty cool. my cpu is 35 and system says 38 on nvidia monitor. is that high too? and raising it 10, that wouldn't be worth it would it? lol

for idle that is pretty hot imo for the gpu, usually idle for a GPU Is 30-39. no that isn't hot for your cpu.

And no that wouldn't make much of a difference but since u are already alitle hot overclocking will increase the the temperature significantly, so to overclock ur gpu to the point where u would see some nice performance gains would be pretty hot. I thought u just wanted to test out overclocking.

Yea, test it by seeing how much faster it is when I do so lol. I won't do it, but how much would I have to raise it to see some nice performance gains?

You should OC your cpu if your going to replace your gpu. If you don't OC your cpu when you get the 9600gt/8800gt then you will have a tiny bit of bottleneck.

I recommend you get a 4850 and forget about SLI. It's a pain in the ***, expensive even now, and when it's time to sell your just going to be stuck with 2 outdated cards to sell instead of 1.

I've done SLI, I've done single cards, I've upgraded just like your about to. Trust me, save yourself the trouble and just get a single 4850. And it WILL work on your motherboard, you don't need an "ATI" mobo.

If you don't listen to me, have fun with a generation or so old sli.

edit: Also this is a slightly different situation then people who ALREADY OWN an 8800 gt/9600gt. If you are REALLY an nvidia fan boy, get a gtx 260. Thats more power then most people need.

nice performance gains? or just some?

well nice is like 100mhz clock and higher,

just some, u may see a few fps more at like 30 more mhz clock, maybe a few more at 50 clock, it depends on the gpu though, and no offense but your gpu isn't that great so u prob won't see much at all performance gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom