4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually I may put it under water. But I won't spend money on a block + the extra **** just yet. I also am keeping my xfire options open and I I don't think I have enough room for 2 w/c'd 4850's, I might though, hmm.

14,671 was the 2nd IMG, 3rd IMG pending....

When i bench at my highest settings before mod I will post it. I'm about to reinstal the drivers though because I think I may of installed twice...

This card btw is *** at synthetics but in any game I've played so far it is GOD like...

The smoothness of mass effect with everything maxed out is defiantly noticeable... Who gives a **** about crysis? rofl.

thirdshift, I'll just say it here, I was wrong when I told you that you should of picked the 4850 over the 3870x2 for that price and you probably already know this. Even if you don't have to deal with all the dual gpu's on one PCB problems, the 3870x2 has a few things over the 4850. It does well in synthetics, and it overall performs better in games by a few fps. They could be called even and it would be fair, and the 4850 does perform better then the 3870x2 on occasion. But just for the synthetic benchmarks alone it's worth it. So sorry for the bad advice, and I'm glad you didn't listen.

So anyways.
Idk why people hate the stock cooler on the 4850... If you have the clocks within CCC limit and the fan at 50% you get AWESOME temps for a stock cooler. Or maybe I am just used to ****** 8800 gt stock coolers that Idle at 60C's :D

Well at 100% gpu load I only went to 50C's on stock cooler with 50% fan speed with a 660mhz overclock :O That seems fine to me....
Load.jpg

-----------------
------------
----------
And so I did it again with 700mhz overclock.
4850bench2.jpg

Freaking 50C's is nice! If my accelero doesn't perform better I'll be ****ed, rofl.
--------
----
--

I found out something interesting while benching to make sure that my card was really stable at 700mhz. My card apparently has a "throttle-down" feature like on a cpu. When I'm idle it goes to 500mhz instead of 700, and my gpu memory clocks go to 700 instead of whatever. Do all 4850's have this? It could be just the ASUS ones because ASUS is one of those companies that is all about power saving. My motherboard for example has all those little features on it that I'm always disabling just in case ;)

Here are the screenies, I hope it "proves" it. Idk why i would lie.

IDLE ZOOMED IN

Idlezoom.jpg

-----------------
------------
----------

LOAD ZOOMED IN

Loadzoom.jpg

-----------------
------------
----------

This card is hawt, Look at that quad 2.5 fps run!
4xbench.jpg

--------------------
-----------
--------

p.s. I'm going to start editing my screenshots with fireworks to get them zoomed up... Its cause of my high resoultion I think.

I'll do another 3dmark06 run soon.

It's cool, alot of other people suggested the 4850 too. I got it mainly for benchmarks and some gaming here and there. You do have me beat though when AA is on. It was a tough decision but the benchmarks is what made me choose the X2 otherwise I would've went 4850 all day.

Unrelated to my 4850, but I got fed up with some stuff with my mobo. So I searched up some vdroop mods and penciled up some stuff on my mobo and now there is only a .014 difference between the real vcore and what is displayed. I also changed my clocks and stuff back to 3.6ghz and I'm going to run that for about 3-5 hours and then push up once again from there.

I'm probably going to look for a multimeter soon at a local store and then pencil mod. My goal is 2 pencil mods in 1 weekend :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom