PCI-E 2.0 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that wouldn't be for a few months yet, not until SC2 comes out I don't think. So if the 8800 is the better one by itself I think I should get that one?? haha. oh and ps. when am I able to change my signature? lol

When you have enough post count (I won't tell how much or we may get another spammer trying to bump his post count)

haha all right understandable. Thanks

I found a few of these cards pretty cheap on ebay. I bought my mobo on ebay w/o problems so I'm willing to trust it again. Has anybody had any experience with this card to know if it's pretty good? My motherboard can't support pci-e 2.0 so not sure if getting this is worth it, or if I should just a regular 8800 edition.

Re: XFX GeForce 8800 GT Extreme Alpha Dog Edition

Please don't make multiple threads... stick with that old Thread

Now it'll still work, and the performance difference between x16 and 2.0 is not noticeable

Well that wouldn't be for a few months yet, not until SC2 comes out I don't think. So if the 8800 is the better one by itself I think I should get that one?? haha. oh and ps. when am I able to change my signature? lol

Well if u are certainly going to get another card for sli you would save money by getting one 9600gt right now, ocing it, and getting another one later....but it's up to you.

Ahh sorry, I was more going after reviews on that single card, cause I know that it's compatible now from previous posts. Just seeing if anyone had experience with that exact card. my bad

That would be nice, thought I have no idea how to OC. I've got more than average computer and hardware knowledge, but not enough to do that I don't think

Well if u are certainly going to get another card for sli you would save money by getting one 9600gt right now, ocing it, and getting another one later....but it's up to you.

That could be done, but I have no idea how to OC. I have more than average knowledge of hardware and computers, but not enough for that. Is there an easy way to do it?

bah disregard last post messed that up somehow.

That could be done, but I have no idea how to OC. I have more than average knowledge of hardware and computers, but not enough for that. Is there an easy way to do it?

lol i attemped to, and you can see what happened. d/led that program, need a little help with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom