First Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

elateral

Baseband Member
I'm trying to get a system I'm built up and running but am running to a problem. It seems like the components are working, but the monitor does not pick up a signal. I've tried another monitor but it still does not work so something is either dead or I did something wrong. I don't get bios or anything at all. Also it seems that sometimes when I start it, it will run for about 10 seconds and restart then become stable. I'm not getting any error beeps at all, so this is a little confusing. I will try and check the connections again.

If any of the components are dead will it be painfully obvious? All the fans seem to be working (GPU/CPU). I'm guessing it's a problem with the motherboard, but It still seems like it works.

I will provide any info asked.

UPDATE.

OK, I got it working, It was actually a problem with the CPU, it wasn't jammed in tight enough. Go figure.

OK, I got it working, It was actually a problem with the CPU, it wasn't jammed in tight enough. Go figure.

The word CPU and jammed should never be used in the same sentence. That just sounds like a dead CPU is on the way. You only have to place it lightly on the socket and then put the cover over it.

The word CPU and jammed should never be used in the same sentence. That just sounds like a dead CPU is on the way. You only have to place it lightly on the socket and then put the cover over it.

We'll actually it happened because I was too gentle. I really didn't jam it in, I didn't close the thing tight enough.

There shouldn't be a level in which you close it. The metal bar on the socket should just be placed under the latch and it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom