Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeg

In Runtime
just built my computer, and did a overclock... im at 3.2ghz

8x multi

fsb to 1600 volt at 1.4

mem. is at 5-5-5-15 with a 2.1v

temps are at 45c idle, have not tried fullload yet. but im wondering what are safe temps? and how much higher can i go? do you think i should use 9x?

only reason for those settings is i that i found them as a example on another forum.

so i was messing around and decided to see if i can hit 3.6ghz lol

well i hit it with idle temps at 37-38c so id say that aint too bad. but when ever i try to prime95 or run 3dmark06 i get the blue screen. now it seems as soon as it hits 59c or 60c then i get the blue screen but i see others with temps higher then mine and computer still staying on so im not sure whats going on.

i have my system linked and synced to take ram factor out. other then becnhmark its stable and stays under 55c ....... have not tried to play a game yet tho.

If its crashing in prime95 you need to bump the voltage a hair higher. What motherboard, memory, and cooling are you using?

seems to be running pretty good, i just hate vista for using 1gb at any given time!

im getting there, less crashing now wen using prime with large FTT with small its insta blue screen still.

Ok before you let vista get you down, its NOT wasting your memory. Unused memory is wasted memory. Vista has prefetch. The more you use vista, the more it learns about your habits and loads stuff to memory that you use regularly. Just because it has 50-75% memory usage in the task manager doesnt mean its being "wasted".

never said it was wasted, just that it used a large amount then what im used to.

im getting closer to a stable 3.6ghz but it sure if putting up a fight haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom