in the process of building a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have this board and have been really happy with it so far...been running 10 months now great, its a great price for a decent board.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

When I upgraded in November I upgraded from almost the exact old system you have now. So Im pretty surprised you waited this long...but either way. The other stuff above is okay but I would suggest the corsair power supply that waffle picked over the rosewill.
And the build that waffle put together is great...a really solid build as well. Unless your really intent on nvidia...but those 4850's are great. And as far as the q6600 its a great cpu, but the dual cores are great as well.

haha i was originally going to get that board. i was wondering about ati but i've never had one and i felt more on sticking with nvida but if i can get one at a decent price i wouldnt mind jumping on it. and as for the q6600 i have a friend that got his 2.4 to 3.0 with stock cooling so i'm pumped about that. and yes i've waited awhile and its time to upgrade, i just havent had time or money for it but i'm ready to build myself a good box

q6600
biostar tp45d2
gskill 4gb PI
his 4850
640gb wd (offers good write speeds even if dont need 640gb)
rosewill stallion 500w

comes to a total of about 685

enough room for than fan u wanted xD

Dam, are you guys all intel fanboys? Where is the AMD reccomendation, more bang for your buck!

Dam, are you guys all intel fanboys? Where is the AMD reccomendation, more bang for your buck!

is that a joke or you being serious? i cant tell...

my build up there is what i rec. u get (only main components, can change hdd etc. to ur needs.)

No... but there are a couple here...

I like AMD better because of their lack of harsh business strategies, but I'll recommend Intel if its better for the price..

i would like to go amd since that was what my last build was but with the prices i'm gonna jump on a q6600. i'm also surprised by the prices of the 4850's! and thanks for the input guys, i'll be getting it within the next month.

lol, was being 100% serious. a 2.6ghz black edition am2 is now like 90 bucks or so. So cheap!

i would like to go amd since that was what my last build was but with the prices i'm gonna jump on a q6600. i'm also surprised by the prices of the 4850's! and thanks for the input guys, i'll be getting it within the next month.

good choices, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom