OCZ DIY Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. I'll settle for hdmi

B. I'm right handed and don't feel it's necessary to move my mouse to insert a DVD. There is no standard that tells engineers where they have to put I/O devices and jacks.

C. I've never used a laptop as a laptop. 2 out of my last 3 laptops have desktop cpus in them. So weight and battery life mean nothing to me.

The layout of both my Dell Inspiron 9100 and XPS M1710 are ideal for my needs. I like cables plugging into the back just like a desktop.

If you don't use it as a laptop, then why get a laptop in the first place? Laptops cost more, and you get less. Just get a desktop...

I don't think this is any better of a deal than buying a barebones MSI or Asus notebook. Just like those you still gotta but most of your parts (CPU, RAM, HD) seperately. Nothing special about it from what I can see....

If you don't use it as a laptop, then why get a laptop in the first place? Laptops cost more, and you get less. Just get a desktop...

Because I am disabled. I lay flat on my back 24/7/365. All my hardware has to fit on a bedside table. The exact same tables with wheels you see next to each bed in hospitals.

Why not get something like the Dell One, or the Apple iMac, both are self contained in the monitor and offer you a lot more bang for buck.

The iMac is a fantastic bit of kit, an has a good viewing range an the screen can be moved prity much into an position.

Because I am disabled. I lay flat on my back 24/7/365. All my hardware has to fit on a bedside table. The exact same tables with wheels you see next to each bed in hospitals.

Still don't know why you'd need the Desktop chip... BUT then again, i'm running an Athlon 3800+ in my HP. Playing games like NWN2 causes my comp to sound like its a loaded 747 taking off.

Finding a real gpu is more important to me. ****, my 233mmx still runs the interpr0n nicely, but the dedicated gpu ram is the cats meow.

And I'm computing the same way and theall-in-ones won't do.

Oh my drive is left side too, infact all my slots are Lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom