so i built a new rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well got all the parts but the case today, all together and working great.... on it right now actually. the SATA thing kinda confused me and was few parts of "oh my god" but all in all it was fun and pretty interesting for my 1st build id have to say.

also +1 to evga on the 780i board for power buttons and restart button built into the board, worked out perfectly since i dont have the case.

only thing tho, it says my ram is running at 5-5-5-15, it should be at 4-4-4-12. how do i fix this, and can anyone point me in the direction of overclocking for dummies?

guessing its like my 680i bios, go to advanced chipset features then, fsb and memory config. from there at the bottom the is a part that says sumthin like set memory timings. in there change the mode to advanced user and set 4-4-4-12 and 2t.

ok thanks alot, ill give it a go

also...

i have the zalman cpu cooler, and the fanmate 2.... if i have it on silent, do i need to turn it up when playing games or movies? is there a way to bypass and have the MB control it for what the temps are its reading?

ok i dont know if i should make another thread on this kind of problems or not, so i figure ill just keep asking here.

i tried the timing thing, and when it does the bios boot at 1st it gives me a warning saying its running in safe mode. so i changed it back to normal on optimal and when im booting to windows its running in test mode? so confused, 1st time ever using vista also, i have the 64bit home edition.

also, is it possible to put too much paste on? i had good amount on when i 1st installed but didnt like how it seated so i took it off, added lil more and seated again. i know there is a good program for temps on everything but i cant find it!!

wen i ran COD4 last night, i restarted and went into the bios for temp info and my quad was running at about 33c ..... now im not sure how fast it would cool down, but im guessing that is accurate?

Yes, it is possible to put too much paste on, its a common mistake, but doesn't mean you have though. Need to check your temps under load.

Programs to check temps:
Speedfan
CoreTemp
Everest Home Edition

The CPU (at least mine e6750) cools down very fast once the load is taken off of it (like dropping 10 degrees in a couple seconds).

right now im at 38c at highest just on internet.....

i downloaded prime95 and let it run for about 15min...... highest was 50c 50c 48c 48c

should there be a difference in temp on each core?

so i was messing around and decided to see if i can hit 3.6ghz lol

well i hit it with idle temps at 37-38c so id say that aint too bad. but when ever i try to prime95 or run 3dmark06 i get the blue screen. now it seems as soon as it hits 59c or 60c then i get the blue screen but i see others with temps higher then mine and computer still staying on so im not sure whats going on.

i have my system linked and synced to take ram factor out. other then becnhmark its stable and stays under 55c ....... have not tried to play a game yet tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom