Another Malware Attack On Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Another Malware Attack On Facebook

The security software and research firm Sophos sends out a warning that Facebook is once again the target of a new malware attack targeting members' comment walls. Sheesh, rough week at Facebook. I guess this mean you guys can all add me as a friend but you better not leave any comments on my wall.
wink.gif

Messages left on Facebook users' walls are urging members to view a video (which pretends to be hosted on a Google website), but clicking on the link and visiting the webpage takes users to a site which urges them to download an executable to watch the movie.

Facebook Responding To Malware Threat

When I say “Facebook is responding to the malware threat,” they are not just issuing a statement about the problem, I mean they are literally responding to the threat with action.

Even right now, as we're preparing to leave for DEFCON, we spent most of last night working on a fix for a worm, which was targeting people on Facebook and placing messages on Walls urging users to view a video that pretends to be hosted on a Google or YouTube website. We've identified and blocked the ability to link to the malicious websites from anywhere on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom