I really need help with performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narraco

Beta member
I just upgraded my computer for gaming and spent a lot of money. However, the upgrades hardly did anything. My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 GHz
4GB RAM
256 MB ATI Radeon HD 2400
Running Windows Vista 32bit

I should be able to play a lot of games on the highest settings possible, but most games play horribly. What I think the problem is, is the 32bit Vista, because Im capped out at 3GB RAM and my video card now has 1600MB memory! Im guessing I just have to get the 64bit, but could somebody please help or confirm this, I might have to update my drivers or something.

Thats the Video Card....

Its pretty weak dude... HD 2400XT aren't good at gaming maxed out on newer games

How can it possibly be weak, I payed like $120 for it. And Im not trying to max out the newest games, I would think I would be able to play Medieval 2 on highest settings.

Please don't tell me you paid $120 for that thing. Someone ripped you off bigtime bud. I can get those for $25 CAD. I put them in office PC's and servers that don't have integrated video because it's one of the cheapest cards you can buy. It's not made for todays games.

I would HIGHLY recommend an 8800GT 512mb. I have the superlocked one and it is $150. U will see a huge boost in performance with this card. You have very good specs, there is no reason any game should be running slow. Here is a link to the card, good luck :D
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
also, check out his link. Look at the huge difference between the 2 cards. for $30 more u could have a WAYYY better card.
Desktop VGA Charts - Tom's Hardware

What are you people talking about, this is the card I have. Newegg.com - VisionTek 900196 Radeon HD 2400PRO 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It might be a little different but thats very close.

Okay well you should have said it's a 2400 with a DMS-59 port. Did you specifically need that port? Most 2400's just come with one DVI, one S-Video (TV Out) and one VGA port.

It doesn't change the power of the card though. It still runs at the speeds of an average 2400 which are not very good at all.

yea, 8800GT are junk these days. But the are a heck of a good video card. (best card overall but they are just too old.) Many people will sell them used, hence I am saying they are junk for high end people.

I got one for 100 lol, and its the double performance as yours.

If you can, get a refund immediately! So what exactly did you upgraded? just the GPU?

yea really, it's a junk card..you got ripped (it being deactivated on newegg should be proof that it's old lol). you should get a 8800gt for around $120-150 or better yet a 4850 for $165ish, it'll be able to handle any game max settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom