Monitor turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I tried my new monitor, from my second computer, it turns off too.

And I think my old one doesnt have onboard video card ?
I mean, I dont see where to plug in other place the monitor

It may not, i just assumed it had onboard since you said in an earlier post you plugged it in and it worked.

When the monitor turns off, can you turn it back on at all? I know this may sound dumb, but check your power settings to ensure your monitor isn't set to turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time. I would have asked this one before but you said you had computer knowledge so i bypassed the simple stuff.

It may not, i just assumed it had onboard since you said in an earlier post you plugged it in and it worked.

When the monitor turns off, can you turn it back on at all? I know this may sound dumb, but check your power settings to ensure your monitor isn't set to turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time. I would have asked this one before but you said you had computer knowledge so i bypassed the simple stuff.

No, I cant seem to bring it back. :)

I checked first for the power and hybernation. Its set to never turn off.

Yes, its the video it seems.
And the caps lock doesnt work when the monitor turns off.
Any idea if I can configure it somehow to work by removing all accelarations from the video. I already did from directx but still it doesnt work.

You could boot in safe mode - that would pretty much run your video card at bare minimum. But if your card is dying, well its dying. You can't do much aside from replacing it.

You could boot in safe mode - that would pretty much run your video card at bare minimum. But if your card is dying, well its dying. You can't do much aside from replacing it.

Yes, I know it will work but my goal is to work in normal mode with acceptable colors.
Like I said it works without drivers so this gives me some hope that with enough setting I can make it work.

Very strange, in xp the problem is other, the internet adapter is dying.
That means I have to restart to have internet again.
For info: the first problem was on 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom