Cable Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Cany anyone tell me what kind of calble management items I will need to purchase to keep my case tidy.

I know of cable zip ties, but what else is good to use?

Ive seen pictures of something that looks like a kind of plastic clamp that is attached to the side of case/metal part of case and holds the wiring. What are these? And where can I get them ? (UK)

And i'd love to know in Canada.... Mines uly that i won't even post a pic...

The antec 900 case is a hard one to manage with the PSU being at the bottom of the case and all. I drilled a couple of 2-3" holes. One right next to PSU to route all the power cables through and then a couple under the MB to route some other stuff. You can then tape the cables down on the back side of the metal panel and put the cover over it rather easily... Here's what mine looks like inside..

Just trying to give ideas...

DSCF0004-8.jpg

Don't know the UK but do a search for a local electrical supply store and they will have a number of items on how to manger wires.

I know the item your talking about, it has a double sided adhesive so it sticks to your case wall and allows a zip tie through either vertically or horizontally. Handy little things.

patonb, in the GTA I use Sayal: SAYAL Electronics - Your Source For New And Surplus Electronic Components - We Buy Your Surplus!

They have a page on wire management but that is only a few of the dozens of solutions they have in store. If you live in the Toronto area they have a number of stores, otherwise any decent electrical supply and even some of the larger hardware stores (Home depot, rona, lowes) carry basic wire management options in their electrical sections.

Wow that is clean.. I'm about to drill the case by the psu. Oh, and remove the HD fan bracket.. Didn't know what it was for so I left it... oops.

JFenwick... I'm in Ottawa, so i bet theres a few spots... Sorta new here so, not to familiar with stores.

Thanks alot... hopefully Method can use the info too.

cable ties, electrical tape, heat shrink wrap, extension cables, right angle sata cables...there are other various things but i don't use them/.

^i have a 620hz so everything is black and looks great, but you could buy different heads for the sata power cables for cheap, like uv red ones, or uv blue ones, or just plain black ones, perhaps even led ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom