so i built a new rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, i would be lower but i got the best AGP card by BFG.... last of its bread lol, i can run assassins creed on medium with it, its held up pretty decent actually.

IF you have the mentality of waiting to build cause something better is gonna come out, then your never gonna actually end up building a PC, since something new and better is always coming out in like 6 months increments. I could see waiting a couple weeks or a month, but waiting 3-4 months is kinda pushing it if your rig is just plain outdated. On top of the fact that the new stuff that comes out is going to be at a very high price, then drop in a couple months like 95% of the time.

so i got another question lol.

all my main parts are coming in tomorrow.... but the case is not coming in till thursday. i have been dying to play on this thing so im wondering if i can assemble the computer on my wood desk, there is no coating of anything on it so i know its not conductive. and i figured i would use a house fan since the case fans wont be there.

then next day i can install into the case... yay or nay?

yes, i have run many computers out of cases, it is fine, just make sure it is far enough away from things and that nothing could hit the cpu fan, also be carful with the video card and other cards in the computer as you could easily damage them by hitting them because they are not supported by the case outside of one.

yay or nay?
SGA fan? ("i need a yay or nay..." said by Rodney McKay.

you must find the 2 pin power on jumper and turn it on with a piece of metal with simple contact

i've run almost all my computer with no case just fine... damaging anything would only be your fault from carelessness...

so i wouldnt worry.. game on :)

ya i read about using a small screw driver for that... i also have some switches from my car i guess i could rig up.

well got all the parts but the case today, all together and working great.... on it right now actually. the SATA thing kinda confused me and was few parts of "oh my god" but all in all it was fun and pretty interesting for my 1st build id have to say.

also +1 to evga on the 780i board for power buttons and restart button built into the board, worked out perfectly since i dont have the case.

only thing tho, it says my ram is running at 5-5-5-15, it should be at 4-4-4-12. how do i fix this, and can anyone point me in the direction of overclocking for dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom