Member feedback section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was thinking it was a good idea, for anyone that completes a transaction in BST with another member to create a a post in a 'Member Feedback' section called just there name, and comments. E.g.

''title: AverageJoe''

Great, allways helpfull by PM's - quick delivery, no issues.

I think this would be a good way to establish whether the person your buying off is reputable, and a good person to deal with. I also think it would encourage people operating with B/S/T to be a bit more efficient and helpfull with whatever transaction there doing, knowing that feedback will be left.

Or even just as a member feedback sticky section in BST, although this would probably be harder to search for a member.

Oreo check the rules thread.

8) It is recommended that all buyers/sellers/traders join HeatWare in order to establish and use a rating system. Read their TOS. Please note the following:
tech forums members, as buyers/sellers/traders should list the link to their HeatWare account in their sig.
Neither Tech-Forums.net nor Tech-Heaven.com are responsible for use or misuse of the heatware rating system.
Tech-Forums.net and Tech-Heaven.com cannot guarantee the accuracy of users ratings.
Again, Sellers/Buyers/Shoppers beware of those members not using the HeatWare rating system, or those that have bad ratings.

If members would read and follow our suggestions then this would already be in place. ;)

Yeh but, comeon... i have never even heard of HeatWare :eek: And i don't think ANYONE does that, or do they ?

I have no objection against that, but if you made that a RULE that would be better. I don't think anyone follows suggestions...:p

Oreo that is in the rules.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f40/updated-independant-rules-buy-sell-trade-30740/

There are the specific B/S/T Rules. Read number 8. What does it say? It is in our rules to sign up for heatware. People do not. It is not up to us to keep track of these things. We gave people the methods to use to know the information you are talking about. Just because no one uses it is not our fault.

Even if we did start that thread who would do the leg work to post the information and keep it updated evertime a item is sold and recieved? We have enough work as it is. That is why we said to join heatware.

Mak

too bad, when i read the first post i thought it would be a good way to easily access info on people rep here in the buy/sell/trade section.

I am not saying it wouldnt be a good way to get info. That hard part is to keep it up to date and to get it together in the first place. But then again if people would sign up for heatware you could just access their info there...

^haha, you could give me some privileges and i would update it...jj, it's more of a convenience here, but your right, although most people are to lazy to bother with heatware, i am one of them.

^haha, you could give me some privileges and i would update it...jj, it's more of a convenience here, but your right, although most people are to lazy to bother with heatware, i am one of them.

Yeh well that was kind of my point. Maybe it would be way easier to make people more aware of heatware, just put a link in the sigs of all mods or sumin. I dunno.

Or maybe they could read the rules for that area like they should before they post?

Why put a sig link when it is in that areas specific rules? I am not trying to be mean. I am jsut wondering why should special consideration be paid to this. Not like we put links to the Rules and Announcement area in our sigs for people to read.

It is the members responsibility to read the rules. We can not go around and force everyone to do it. I had the Rules link in my sig before and no one bothered to click it. Why would this be any different.

I am trying to work with a solution but seriously we have it in the rules already. Nothing more we can really do but tell people to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom