OCZ DIY Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice. I'll wait to see if OCZ comes out with a 17" model that has the DVD drive on the left side, a DVI connector, 2 or more cooling fans and have the capability to use desktop CPUs.

I doubt it...

A. A laptop is way more likely to have hdmi than dvi.

B. Why are you holding out for having the dvd drive on the other side. Nobody has it on the left, its basically an industry standard to have it on the right....

C. And you expect to be able to carry this anywhere? To house a desktop cpu you need to have one **** of a cooling system, which in the laptop industry means one thing. Weight.

Buy a traditional prebuilt laptop and have more realistic expectations..

I doubt it...

A. A laptop is way more likely to have hdmi than dvi.

B. Why are you holding out for having the dvd drive on the other side. Nobody
has it on the left, its basically an industry standard to have it on the right....

C. And you expect to be able to carry this anywhere? To house a desktop cpu you need to have one **** of a cooling system, which in the laptop industry means one thing. Weight.

Buy a traditional prebuilt laptop and have more realistic
expectations..

A. I'll settle for hdmi

B. I'm right handed and don't feel it's necessary to move my mouse to insert a DVD. There is no standard that tells engineers where they have to put I/O devices and jacks.

C. I've never used a laptop as a laptop. 2 out of my last 3 laptops have desktop cpus in them. So weight and battery life mean nothing to me.

The layout of both my Dell Inspiron 9100 and XPS M1710 are ideal for my needs. I like cables plugging into the back just like a desktop.

Interesting, but it uses the super-fail 8600 GPU. If the GPU can be swapped out, it might be worth it.

Actually, I have a whole set of 32 Acer Laptops here at work that ALL have the CD/DVD drive on the left.

Also, there are DIY laptops that use standard Desktop CPUs. I don't know if it was this OCZ version or an Asus, but there is some that do use them.

It would be much wiser to add DVI to a laptop than HDMI just because most monitors these days are either DVI or DVI/D-Sub and very few monitors support HDMI. Not saying that they will go DVI over HDMI, but it would make much more sense. Or maybe just replace the D-Sub for DVI and add an HDMI.

B. Why are you holding out for having the dvd drive on the other side. Nobody has it on the left, its basically an industry standard to have it on the right....

Sorry to say but my Dell Inspiron 1501 has it on the left. The DVD ROM Drive that is. On the right is the card slot and a couple USB ports and such. So i dont think that it is a standard as Dell is a big laptop maker and mine isnt on the right.;)

Cheers,
Mak

it's not a standard, but they are generally on the right, as some other members have said, some models have them on the left though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom