I need a new Mother Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I cry? lol... Well DANG! I received the board today and took everything apart. Look what I found...

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9225/1000476bd4.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3874/1000478gc9.jpg

So I'm assuming both my Mother Board and Processor are history? Wow money is just burning in front of my face. They're both burnt out as you see.

So I now have the EVGA 780i FTW board. What should I do for a processor? That was a Q6600. Should I stick to that or should I go for something bigger and better? Thanks for the help guys! And I do like to OC if that helps in your opinion.
EDIT: Oh and as I mentioned earlier money isn't too much of an issue right now.
EDIT: The Q6600 has 1066MHz and my board can go up to 1333MHz FSB. Might as well take advantage of what it can do!

OH BOLLOCKS!! thats q6600 got owned!

Try the Q9550, its only got an 8x Multiplier though... but its 45nm and can go pretty far with a good board (like yours)

The Q9550 is pretty hot. I don't know if I want to go that high. What do you think about the Q9450? I don't think I want to spend too much more than $400 ish. It's $220 less.

Yep this post was last night. After not seeing much of a response I ordered it before I went to bed. I figured the extra $220 just wasn't worth it to go up a notch. So now I'm waiting for it to arrive!

thats basically what i figured as well...its not worth the 220 bucks for sure. i held out as long as i could for the price to drop to the (supposed) 320ish mark for the q9550. it never did. but it may on the 10th, thats the new big rumor.
if it does, i will sell my 9450 on ebay for what i paid for it (just did it with an e8400) and buy a 9550. then we will see if it would have been worth it lol!

yeah good choice, the q9450 is still a good cpu, overclocking is limited but still get u little better performance then a q6600 wen o/c'ed.

bad luck on the board and cpu

thats basically what i figured as well...its not worth the 220 bucks for sure. i held out as long as i could for the price to drop to the (supposed) 320ish mark for the q9550. it never did. but it may on the 10th, thats the new big rumor.
if it does, i will sell my 9450 on ebay for what i paid for it (just did it with an e8400) and buy a 9550. then we will see if it would have been worth it lol!

True true. I can always sell this one if I decided to switch it up. I noticed you hit 3.5Ghz as your final overclock. I know you have a different board but can you post your stats in your bios? What volts and other things you changed? So I can kind of just get a general idea here on the Q9450. Thanks!

yeah good choice, the q9450 is still a good cpu, overclocking is limited but still get u little better performance then a q6600 wen o/c'ed.

bad luck on the board and cpu

Yeah $600 mistake... :( And my two 8800 GT's... I paid $300 a pop on those.

yes i will post all my settings as soon as i get home.
the one i know by heart is that is that my Vcore is 1.225. which according to coretemp is my VID, i believe. so basically, stock voltage. this chip has so much more left in it...it's not even funny. stupid FSB wall! why cant they use an IMC like a real computer company lol lol :)

interesting read here:
Nehalem News: Editorial - The need for an IMC and why the FSB is dead

PS hey smashed i added the last part of my signature for you jajajaja!

You know I was able to replace my EVGA 680i with the EVGA 780i FTW and my q6600 with the q9450 without any issues. It booted up perfectly fine. The only thing I had to reinstall was Direct X10. But everything was here as it was before my PC died. Favorites, Desktop Icons, everything. First time I had something run so incredibly smooth.

Anyways as to ocing this bad boy I made a response in this post if anyone can help. :)
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/anyone-here-overclocked-intel-q9450-before-180052/index5.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom