4850 screwing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
So i got my 4850, here are some crappy pics and quick 3dmark06 benchmarks.

I did the fan hack already, I determined without any mods that I can already reach a higher overclock then CCC will let me pass for the core at least. The card seems decent but it fails at 3dmark06 if thats what your buying it for. I just hope it plays some current games good :).

CRAPPY PICTURES OF BOXES AND STUFF!

Box
DSC02896.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

Ninja Card! OOO pretty girl on front of the card! I bet there is going to be some manly **** on the inside though!
DSC02897.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

Cool features I want to tryout later. I'll add them later.
DSC02898.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

I love how it comes in such a nice black box. Asus really knows how to package there stuff.
DSC02900.jpg
-------------
----------
-----

WTF?!?!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I order that!??!?! wtf its all pink and ****!!!
DSC02901.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

Meh, whatever, I can put the accelero on it later, Speaking of which lets take this 8800 gt out...
DSC02902.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

Back
DSC02903.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

ugh.... front -_-
DSC02905.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

CROSS FIRE POSSIBILITIES!
Yes it can be done in my case, but not with the accelero. I "tested" it out real quick.
DSC02906.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

And in the other slot
DSC02907.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

BENCHMARKING WITH 3DMARK06!

All benchmarks were done at 3.88ghz on my q6600 because that is my 24/7 setup.

STOCK 4850 without fan "hack" and 3.88ghz q6600.
Stock4850.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

4850 WITH fan "hack" at 50%*
700/1060
3.88ghz q6600
4850700by1060.jpg

-------------
----------
-----

I then realised I did not save my fan profile correctly, and I could run it at 700/1110.
3.88ghz q6600
*pending img HOLD ON!*
-------------
----------
-----

I will be back with more benchies later, probably a 4ghz q6600 just for giggles. Only after I bios mod, then pencil mod though. I need teh gurusan for that though as I am a nubusan.

*fan hack is extremely easy, look on youtube, and don't go past 50. 50 is all you need for CCC limit anyways, 60 is just LOUD AS ****! I will be putting an accelero on eventually, I want to wait a week first to make sure my card is ok though.​

ATITool FTW! You can control the fan through it, as well as OC.

I'm talking about his whole start menu button, the whole strip along the bottom that's black.

is your OS XP or Vista?
XP

Are you sure you can with the new 4850? I'm almost positive you can't with the new cards just yet. And + I prefer rivatuner usually :)

Anyone who plays cs:s, I swear it looks 10X better with the 4850 or something... and flashes must at least be at least half a second shorter or something. LOL!

I'm talking about his whole start menu button, the whole strip along the bottom that's black.

It looks like the Alienware Xenomorph theme..

Nice HD 4850 :)

... god I hate you people with your powerful video cards

I think I'm going to hacksaw off the back of the stock heatsink so I can use that on the voltage regulators. I hear it works pretty good. But my S1 comes with voltage regulators... I wonder if they will fit.

duggan_hacksaw.jpg

Don't worry vern, when your older you will get to enjoy your self and you will thank your parents for keeping you on the right track so that you could grow up and game even more, or at least when your not working! haha.

Very nice, I have heard that Asus cards are clocking a bit better as well.

BTW you should put the card under water! Screw the accelero! Mine idles like 25-28c and is full load 33-35c at 820mhz core and 1.34v!

nope doesn't support RV770 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom