Screwing MOBO to case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Do I simply take the screws and screw it into the allocated holes on the case and thats it. Or do I need rubber washers or some kind of item to stop it frying/dying.

Sorry:eek: Im just extremely worried I will screw it in and it will fry on me. Is my first build. Because Ive heard loads of things like you need washers or some kind of item to stop it from frying from just being screwed into the case.

Cheers

- Will

All you need to do is screw in the brass standoffs as veedub said, which are those brass screws with a female/male end. You screw those in, then screw the motherboard to those.

Ahh was wondering that those brownish gold hex shaped things were. There like screws with a hexagon coming up with a hollowed out screw hole down the middle.

Is that them?

Yup, just screw those into the sockets on the case - then align your MB accordingly and srew in your MB srews, which will secure the MB to the case (don't use a screw driver that is magnetic to do this).

Seriously? Because the magnetic screwdriver can destroy your MB if you touch anything but the screw.

It would have to be a very magnetic screwdriver. To be honest, I have always used magnetic screw drivers so that I can lift the screws out if they are in harder to get at places and I have yet to fry a motherboard. That's 25 custom PCs and 0 dead. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I think the very low magnetism of most screw drivers won't do any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom