O/S XP Pro reinstall problem activating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Baseband Member
HowÂ’s it going folks.

I posted in here a short wee while ago about my O/S going AWOL, where I eventually threw the towel in and went & bought a new MOBO / CPC / RAM and have formatted the HD and have now installed my XP PRO again.

Everything is fine now except the system is giving me 30 days to activate my O/S, I have no idea where my KEY is now, the firm where I purchased the PC from is now bust .

The thought had passed my mind to stick in a key from one of the PC’s at work, or some pirate key, but I would rather be legit. I don’t want to fork out £100 on something that I already have.

I am in two minds whether to call the Tel No on the activating prompt, anyone had any experience with this, and I would imagine they give little sympathy, they would be more keen on filling Uncle BillÂ’s pocket.

Once again all help would be much appreciated
Copper.

i think youre gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the software or license again because i dont see them just giving it to you.

You can call them and tell them you bought new hardware and whatnot, they will give you a new security code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom