Computer doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

seemantb

Solid State Member
I have a system with Gigabyte Motherboard, AMD Atholon Processor, Kingston RAM DDR2 and Seagate Hard Disk SATA. I have replaced all RAM, hard disk and motherboard from the respective companies. But still, my PC doesnt start. Its transformer is working fine. Tell me, where is the problem.

By transformer do you mean power supply? You need to give a lot more info. How does it not start. Do you see anything on the monitor? Does Windows not start properly? Or does it just not turn on at all? Also give a more detailed description of your system. What Athlon processor is it? What Gigabyte board is it?

Ya, Power supply is ok since fan is working.
When I switch on my CPU, the fan of power supply in CPU starts working & yellow light of monitor changes to red but again changes back to red. And monitor remains blank. Neither Bios works nor booting. Sytem just doesnt start at all. I have checked monitored but its OK.
System Config.:
Processor: AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte Sseries Motherboard Support AMD Socket AM2
GA-MSIGM-S2G
nVidia GeForce 6100 nForce 430

Please Help. I need it urgently.

I had the same problem... in my case it was a faulty memory stick, I suggest trying to boot with one of the memory sticks in there rather than all and see if that works.

I had the same problem... in my case it was a faulty memory stick, I suggest trying to boot with one of the memory sticks in there rather than all and see if that works.

Sorry, But I use just one stick of memory with 512 MB

By transformer do you mean power supply? You need to give a lot more info. How does it not start. Do you see anything on the monitor? Does Windows not start properly? Or does it just not turn on at all? Also give a more detailed description of your system. What Athlon processor is it? What Gigabyte board is it?

Ya, Power supply is ok since fan is working.
When I switch on my CPU, the fan of power supply in CPU starts working & yellow light of monitor changes to red but again changes back to red. And monitor remains blank. Neither Bios works nor booting. Sytem just doesnt start at all. I have checked monitored but its OK.
System Config.:
Processor: AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte Sseries Motherboard Support AMD Socket AM2
GA-MSIGM-S2G
nVidia GeForce 6100 nForce 430

Please Help. I need it urgently.

are all cables secure? cpu power cable, mobo power cable, hdd's?

If all cables are secure, you could try taking the mobo out of the case and sitting it on your desk to see if it is a case grounding problem.

are all cables secure? cpu power cable, mobo power cable, hdd's?

If all cables are secure, you could try taking the mobo out of the case and sitting it on your desk to see if it is a case grounding problem.

I have checked all that. My motherboard is connected very much higher above. Ther is no case grounding problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom