Have 1066 but only reading at 800 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenardNemoi

Baseband Member
Hey, ive just bought 4 Kingston HyperX (KHX8500D2K2/2GN) memory sticks of 1GB each rated at 1066, the problem I have is that when looking in bios or everest it shows that im only using 800....

My motherboard is a Gigabyte P35-DS3P model. I have not overclocked anything... so everything is running in stock form.

My question is what do I need to do in order to get that 1066 out of my memory?

Thanks.

i did not check but it is more then likely that your motherboard only supports up to 800mhz, if you use ram higher then what it supports it will just downclock to the max it can support.

How would I go about doing that? By changing the SPD?

Here are some screencaps from CPUZ that may be of interest.

os61e9.jpg

2myb6yv.jpg

spd? anyway, in the bios, near dram timings should be something like "mhz, ram speed, ram mhz, mhz speed, it will say 800, change it to 1066

to confuse things even more, you will also have to change the ram latencys to 5,6,6,15. your command rate to 2t and voltage to 2.2V.
in ur bios, look for something like CAS# settings and change the first one to 5, second to 6, 3rd to 6 and 4th to 15.
I also run 1066 mhz ram (corsair) and to get it to work stably, i had to set my stuff according to manufacturers settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom