ceramic CASE MOD IDEA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI = red tiles, green grout
Nvidia = green tiles, white grout

I've done tile before as well. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. It would look killt if you used smaller tiles on the front, like 2x2 or 1x1 sheets. If you are willing to get creative, you could shroud the front fan by having the tiles spaced out from the front, like a hoos scoop or something.

How do you intend to get the mastic to adhere to the metal?

ATI = red tiles, green grout
Nvidia = green tiles, white grout

I've done tile before as well. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. It would look killt if you used smaller tiles on the front, like 2x2 or 1x1 sheets. If you are willing to get creative, you could shroud the front fan by having the tiles spaced out from the front, like a hoos scoop or something.

How do you intend to get the mastic to adhere to the metal?

an epoxy primer, its quite expensive that or very very very thin ply wood. like 1/8th of an inch. and i plan on usign one big tile on the side panel for a logo. and i plan on liqid cooling to i forgot to mention. and il have a 240mm rad mounted off the top..

It's gonna hold heat like an oven does..... Trust me, I'm a Metallurgical Engineer.

It'll be heavy.... But choice!

You could solder on some thin chicken wire, or mesh, then tile over it.

It's gonna hold heat like an oven does..... Trust me, I'm a Metallurgical Engineer.

It'll be heavy.... But choice!

You could solder on some thin chicken wire, or mesh, then tile over it.

but would that hold the binding? im trying to keep it the least insulated, its gonna be well ventilated anyway so it wont be that bad.

I think it'll be pretty.... Maybe a good folding case, something that doesn't build up to much heat.

Or if you can cool the tile, it'll keep it nice.

G/l, i can't wait to see it.

I think it'll be pretty.... Maybe a good folding case, something that doesn't build up to much heat.

Or if you can cool the tile, it'll keep it nice.

G/l, i can't wait to see it.

lmao, folding creates TONS of heat....since youre maxing out
the load on the cpu/gpu.

But yeah, this thing will be an oven on the inside.

I was wondering the same thing lol.

Unless you choose to run folding lower than max it generates the most heat possible. My 8800GTX runs at around 80C when I don't have my A/C on.

This PC would be better as a decoration.

I was wondering the same thing lol.

Unless you choose to run folding lower than max it generates the most heat possible. My 8800GTX runs at around 80C when I don't have my A/C on.

This PC would be better as a decoration.

lol put it on the floor horizontally and use it as a bathroom step!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom