quick link

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmshort

Solid State Member
When I click on Quick Links then Subscribed Threads, nothing happens. No message about none found, no links displayed. I have at least one thread here. Now, at least two.
Edit: After this post, behavior is still the same. It ignores the click.

We must be well overdue for the upgrade now, heard any news Mak?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

The last update from Larry (July 24) said he had to extend the deadline of the migration due to some trouble a Rack Space Partner had migrating another server.

The new server will host three sites (I think?) on it, but the other two have no where near the traffic of Tech-Forums.

If/when we hear any more we will pass it on.

Hey Vern. Check the forum index here. Already done. :p

Oh crap..

the last time I checked if it was like the day-before-yesterday

Hello,
I opened User CP and did not find any thread. After a bit of careful perusal I found an option to subscribe to threads and set that. Now I will see if this thread is in my list of subscribed threads.

I suggest that subscribing to any thread in which I post should be a default option. New users should not have to hunt that down and set it.

I suggest that there be an option in every thread to subscribe to that thread without making a post. If that is already here, I cannot recognize it.

As I am rather sure I have a question that I have not visited, and did not get myself subscribed to, I tried the Search drop down then Advanced, it did not work. I tried the regualar search on my user name, it returned nothing found. Not even the posts in this thread. I followed the link about problems, but did not see a way to edit that post so as to add new problems to the list.

Maybe the search question should be a new topic.

Meanwhile, how can I find my earlier posts? (That is the core of the OP in this thread.)

Helo,

It is in the User Options. We should not have to set that option cause what if a New User doesnt want to have subscribed topics? Should they be forced to hunt down the option?

From what i know my option was turned on i had to turn it off cause i had well over 3,000 topics i was subscribed to. I still get topics coming back even after i have unsubscribed.

It isnt fair to anyone to mess with vB default settings. You say it should be but then we can get someone tomorrow who will say it should not be set to subscribe. So how do you make 2 people who have the exact opposite opinion happy?

To find your topics is also easy. This has also been described several time. Right click on your name. Open in new tab. From there click on Statistics. There you will see 2 options.

Find all posts from this member
Find all threads started by this member

Click either link will give you a full list of your topics started and posts made for roughly 6 months.

Again your Search question would yeild this same answer. The search function only works for keywords in posts. It doesnt go by member name. It goes by the stuff in the posts. So you would never find your posts by searching for your username. As that is not part of the search query.

http://www.techist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=434423

There is the information you need to check. Click Stats and then click find threads.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom