ceramic CASE MOD IDEA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok well some of you may laugh but i think its going to be wicked. Im going to lay my old thermal take sviking case with ceramics on the outside and some on the in. i would do it in 45 degree with 4x4 inch ceramics in a black gloss, with a black grout. then on one the side i would cut out some sort of logo. i will keep an acrylic window, and i will use edge moldings for the corners, i am also looking at putting a big fan on the front. im also hoping to get a silicone grout maybe and put led lights in between some of the tiles. materials is going to cost me 50$ in that range. i have been lookign for some more aestetic sugestions on what to do, m thinking i may try an nvidia logo or maybe even skull candy. i might make my own logo to.

anyway heres what i have to worck with.

14czp8w.jpg

jkhwr4.jpg

5d4bxs.jpg

2q3og0i.jpg

as for the usb hubs and the power button il just unscrew them, and cut holes in the tiles to put it in. i might even use a clear silicone in some spots as grout and put some leds.

its definatly going to look original. oh i lay ceramics for a living now btw no more cooking in a fancy smanshy restaurant. and my boss is is going to help me, and maybe use it as marketing like we can ceramic anything kinda thing lol.
pics taken with a lg slide shien cell phone so be quiet! unless you have any helpfull sugestions or ideas for the mod. i mgith also do one in red for an ati theme, then one in blue and white for intel, or i may even start selling custom ones, shipping is gonna be a ***** tho. im definatly gonna take custom orders, but im sure many of you will wana see a finished product which will be my first one( mine)

no its not... but I read it anyways lol

I don't get whats so great about the idea?

From what I read... (I know nothing about ceramic, WTH are grouts?) you want to cover parts of the case in ceramic tiles? Why would anyone want that?

no its not... but I read it anyways lol

I don't get whats so great about the idea?

From what I read... (I know nothing about ceramic, WTH are grouts?) you want to cover parts of the case in ceramic tiles? Why would anyone want that?

its going to look really really good. and the grout is the cemment between the tiles. you will se how sexy it is once its done. im gonna use high gloss tyles and its gonna look wicked. i can hopefully have it done next week, i started striping the case today. also the tyles will be very very good for disapating heat.

the tiles will not help with the dissipation of heat since the regular metal of the case is still there... its just adding another obstacle for the hot air to go through/move through...

anyways, I honestly think this will look horrible lol...

but prove me wrong!

I have to admit I'm skeptical as well...but good luck....and wow that will be one heavy case when you're done, how thick a tile are you using?

there 3/8th's of an inch. i might skip mine and make an ati one with red tile and white grout. and cut out an ati logo for the side. that or the intel one would look so wicked. mine is gonna be plain black with a litle bit of a design to it. maybe nvidia or my gt logo.

w00h000, I wanna see the outcome, when will you be done with this modding?

But yeah I agree, it might raise your temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom