Fsb....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah man...good deal you got it up and runing and past all of the crissis, like the screws and the os, hehehe.

compy said:
yeah man...good deal you got it up and runing and past all of the crissis, like the screws and the os, hehehe.

thanks... yeah all the problems were just annoying little things.

ok specs.. lets see if I can remember everything:
Athlon 64 3000+
MSI mothorboard
1 gb memory
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Radeon 9800 pro
Seagate 7200rpm 8mb 80gb HD
Aspire Xdreamer II case
Logitech MX Dou
And I am using some old speakers right now but I ordered the Logitech z640's yesterday.

The multiplier of the athlon 64 is NOT 4

its 10X200=2000mhz

the multiplier is UNLOCKED for anything below 10 IE 9.5 9.0 6.5 all the way DOWN to 4. Which is how the "cool n quiet" program works, it changes the multiplier on the fly to suit what you are doing.

Raising the FSB to anything higher than 250mhz would result in a black screen if not frying the chip.

The multiplier is 4 - Doesn't matter if the chip processes in 64-bit or not.

Yep... You need a 64-bit operating system, and the program itself also has to be written in 64-bit.

You will not notice the performance increase running a 32-bit application on a 64-bit platform.

agex000 and slvrstang are talking about 2 different things.

slvrstang is refering to the cpu clock speed multiplyer.

agex000 is refering to the FSB's actual speed after multiplied
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my question is... ok, ill have to do an example..

1)for Athlon XP's(ex-like a 3200+), there fsb was 200x2= 400. whitch was syncronized with the ram.. ram was the same way pc3200 would do 200x2 = 400fsb.

2)however, for Athlon 64's... there fsb is 200x4 = 800(32bit) ,so how do thy run at this speed? since the ram is still only a multiple of 2x200= 400. i dont think there such a thing as QDR-ram(quadrupal data rate) so could someone explain to me how this works?

koldapu said:
NICE SYSTEM! what kind of memory did you get? corsair, kingston, ocz, what?

Thanks!

question... I am using a 15" old monitor right now for the time being because my dad is buying a lfat screen for downstairs then he is going to give me that one which is pretty good. Anyways... so this one is only 15" (SMALL!) and the best looking resolution on it is 800x600... so my question is when I play a game such as unreal torunament 2004 on this am I not seeing the full capability of the radeon 9800 pro and will it look better with a better monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom