New Monitor Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sceptre mentioned is good, I have it, only 1 dead pixel, no problems..

should there not be one at all? i have had my dell 22" (samsung) for over a year now (yr + 3 months) and have had no issues at all great screen, great picture quality. yeah the benq monitors are actually ok for the price, viewsonic is also good. samsung i usually crowed king tho. believe it or not, the asus monitors i get for clients are acutally really good aswell, maybe look into sum of their monitors.

I have an Acer 22" AL2216W and putting it side by side with my buddies Samsung 22" I can't see a difference. I got it for $199 on newegg and I love it, about to get a second.

I'm thinking that i'm going to go with the Samsung 21.6" 2253LW. I think the LW means that it is a glossy finish instead of the BW matte.

I'd consider a step up from this monitor only if it met the following:
Hdmi input
DVI input
HDCP support
at least 1900x1200
at least 24''
under $400 in total

I'd say keep the CRT until it breaks. Unless you are a professional gamer.

That was a stupid post.... You don't have to be a professional gamer to get a monitor that isn't ****....Infact, alot of professional gamers stick to crt's due to the response time on them.

I've heard good things about Benq from a co worker of mine who purchased one (He convinced me to buy a 24"). If you do decide to go for a 22" though the acer should do you pretty well.

should there not be one at all? i have had my dell 22" (samsung) for over a year now (yr + 3 months) and have had no issues at all great screen, great picture quality. yeah the benq monitors are actually ok for the price, viewsonic is also good. samsung i usually crowed king tho. believe it or not, the asus monitors i get for clients are acutally really good aswell, maybe look into sum of their monitors.

Nah 1 dead pixel is well within manufactured specs, for any company, if you look at the RMA requirements, for any LCD, you need no less than 8 dead pixels to get a new moniter, so one dead pixel is fine.. Within rated specs..

I'm thinking that i'm going to go with the Samsung 21.6" 2253LW. I think the LW means that it is a glossy finish instead of the BW matte.

I'd consider a step up from this monitor only if it met the following:
Hdmi input
DVI input
HDCP support
at least 1900x1200
at least 24''
under $400 in total[/QUOTE

I just bought the Samsung 21.6" 2253LW from costco for $250 and from the looks of it it's awsome (haven't opened it yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom