How much would this effect 3dmark score???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a good quad core that I could OC close to 4ghz?

This is dangerous territory here. I've blown my budget by $300 after adding that extra 4870 and adding this could actually give the wife something to complain about...:p

I could sell my current processor and put it towards the new one but I would be losing money...

Umm one question, why are you buying a whole extra card to just score higher in 3dMark06? I mean you shouldn't be doing that unless you want that extra performance in games, or you are getting a 24+ inch screen. To waste money on bench marking software is just stupid

Money isn't an issue for me either, but there is no way I would waste it all trying to get some higher score in 3Dmark06 that in 2 months no one is really going to care about anyway.

Does anyone still talk about scores people were getting with 3Dmark01? I think not... see my point? Thats just my opinion and a different way of looking at things

Umm one question, why are you buying a whole extra card to just score higher in 3dMark06? I mean you shouldn't be doing that unless you want that extra performance in games, or you are getting a 24+ inch screen. To waste money on bench marking software is just stupid

Do you honestly think I did that for a benchmark???? I have the machine I intended to build. At first I didn't have the money for the quad and the extra card for cross fire. Turned out that I could end up making it work a little after the fact when I already had the parts in hand.

I put my E7200 up for sale and ordered the quad as well as the extra 4870 for cross fire. Not for benchmarking but rather because I came into the money and intended to eventually go that way...

Actually with my E7200 OC'd I could get better super pi marks than with my quad OC'd. I can't get my quad above 3.8 ghz... So I guess I better get a higher clocking quad to better that score huh????

Do you honestly think I did that for a benchmark???? I have the machine I intended to build. At first I didn't have the money for the quad and the extra card for cross fire. Turned out that I could end up making it work a little after the fact when I already had the parts in hand.

I put my E7200 up for sale and ordered the quad as well as the extra 4870 for cross fire. Not for benchmarking but rather because I came into the money and intended to eventually go that way...

Actually with my E7200 OC'd I could get better super pi marks than with my quad OC'd. I can't get my quad above 3.8 ghz... So I guess I better get a higher clocking quad to better that score huh????

I knew that was the reason.. didn't want to say anything.

But its always fun messing with this kind of stuff

Overclocking is the best thing ever, I don't know what you mean by Troublemaker though haha

shan have you tried adding more PLL and NB voltage

I've added more NB but not PLL... This DFI board has every setting you can think of except the one that makes it easy to use... I don't know what half the stuff does in this genie bios setup...

I believe my NB is up to 1.35V my vcore is set to 1.36V (for the 3.8ghz oc I had it up to 1.49V) and dram is set to 2.1V which is spec for my ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom