ATI cards run better with AMD cpus????

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah nosboost ur were not wrong. hes further into the game and even with 790mhz core / 1100 memory he gets about 20-25. on v high. but he still wants to play it like that, the motion blur makes it more plauseable

not bad at all... game gets super intense later on though.. i dread the most graphically demanding parts... for any card :(

Ya I got there.. where it would just crash.. or have like 1-3 FPS... then I just said screw it and started playing COD4 haha.

I heard an interesting thing regarding why crysis performed so crappy on the cards out at the time over at XS.

When crysis was in progress, the 8800gtx was just released. And usually the GPU market is fast moving, so the makers of crysis just saw this awesome card, the gtx, and they assumed that way way more powerful cards would be out by the time crysis was done.

Well we all know how long the 8800gtx was on top for, like 2 years? So, you can't really blame them for thinking that the 10800gtx would be out by then :). This theory is replaces the "zomg crysis is crappily coded" **** that flys around the interwebs.

I heard an interesting thing regarding why crysis performed so crappy on the cards out at the time over at XS.

When crysis was in progress, the 8800gtx was just released. And usually the GPU market is fast moving, so the makers of crysis just saw this awesome card, the gtx, and they assumed that way way more powerful cards would be out by the time crysis was done.

Well we all know how long the 8800gtx was on top for, like 2 years? So, you can't really blame them for thinking that the 10800gtx would be out by then :). This theory is replaces the "zomg crysis is crappily coded" **** that flys around the interwebs.

but it's ridiculous to release a game that cant even run on the latest hardware! My HD 3870 x2 is better then the 8800GTX but doesnt run the game at max at all or even high.

if a development team cant utilize graphics cards like Crytek when Crysis came out, then why bother releasing the game at all if they knew it was gonna run crap on all cards??? I'm so surprised Crysis even reached the 1 million mark in sales. Completely ridiculous.

EDIT:

60 fps is the ideal goal for me for running PC games. If i cant, i will still accept 40-50 fps. My CPU is still choking my GPU too, so i most likely will hold off buying the HD 4870 x2 like i always wanted to.

Thats true, the HD 4800's seem to do good, thats what I meant by pretty much...

I got to start overclocking the HD 3200 a bit more though... 10-30FPS average, and in the later levels its 1-3 FPS is killing me, and now on Vista its 5-15FPS on the earlier, or it just crashes sometimes, I haven't bothered to try the Mountain Level again

hmm..............idk, i want to keep my card still until i get 45nm Phenom. Crysis looks fun, it just wasnt very playable on my computer thx to my CPU. Anything higher then 30 fps average on my machine i will accept, which is Crysis only lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom