Making sure I get the best Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
My system -

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor
BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
2GB of 6400 (800) Patriot ram
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply
Windows Xp Pro

I thought I asked about this last year, then again, a lot would change in a years times, what would be the best video game for the above system? Within $130?

Trying to play a video games, TF2, Lost Plant, etc... lags too much with onboard graphics which I thought it may do, even on lowest settings, where does a GeForce 7025 even rank?

Thanks for any help.

Pretty low, its even worse than a 7300gt.

Try to upgrade that PSU firstly to a Antec 430w (Before you say anything about wattage being low, I have to say Watts don't matter, amps do), then try to get an 8800gs

Pretty low, its even worse than a 7300gt.

Try to upgrade that PSU firstly to a Antec 430w (Before you say anything about wattage being low, I have to say Watts don't matter, amps do), then try to get an 8800gs

This is also possible, I will be building a system for someone else (family) and they could have my old PSU.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

that seems like a good card for you, can run most games on med-high settings on lower res.

To anyone -

It says I should have a 400W power supply, any problems if it is right at 400W?

I mostly go to New Egg, I did find one for a total of $126.00, I did read about heating issues, either way, looks like it would do nicely.

Curious, how many times better would you say this card is too the onboard GeForce 7025?

Looking into both of the above.

It says I should have a 400W power supply, any problems if it is right at 400W?

As vern mentioned before, the watts don't matter as much as the amps do. Most people think they NEED a 600-700W+ Power Supply or their system won't run. Honestly, it's all a big myth.

You need to find the video card you've decided on, google something like "your-card-name amps". Then make sure the PSU you buy can supply enough current for the card.

So if you've got the amps right, yeah the 400W should be fine.

it should run fine. if you aren't running a super high res you might be able to save some more money and get a 3850. It won't run as well as the 3870, but its by no means a slouch when it comes to gaming performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom