Thermaltake Tsunami Dream and 9800GTX Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Just a quick warning to anyone thinking of putting the two together. The 9800gtx will not fit! Wow the card is huge, was a little shocked this morning when I unwrapped the box. Got mine through today found out the hard way!Partly my fault for not checking dimensions of card though... Its not a huge problem, as all I need to do is cut a section out of the HD bay (its a section of 4 bays so I wont be missing one).

Just thought I would give you guys a headsup to anyone thinking of putting the two together.

- Will

Those cards have a hard time fitting in anything. I have the 8800GTX and TT Kandalf full tower and there are maybe 2 inches of room from the 5.25" drive bays.

Nah its an atx case, yeh I am just going to have to cut a section out of the HD bay to get it in :S

The HD bay on the tsunami has 4 racks for hd's. The HD tray/bay is removable but then where else would I put it? Ill get some pics up for you guys tonight once I get in from work.

oh man bad luck xD, the 8800gtx has a hard time fitting in cases as well. yeah i would like to see sum pics dont quite understand ur rack probelm.

Yeah hopefully with the placement of the mobo's PCI-E slot you can cut it so that you only lose one place for a drive. You could also try putting the drives in the floppy bay. A couple of times with Antec cases the screwless design allowed for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom