Bluetooth Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
Well i just bought myself a new Lenovo Ideapad laptop and i couldn't be more pleased with it.

It has bluetooth 2.0 and i was wondering how good bluetooth mice are? I don't want to have a usb wired mouse. And I don't like the idea of having a little usb dongle for a usb wireless mouse. Since i have bluetooth built in i thought i would take advantage of it. So how good are bluetooth mice? I have read they aren't very responsive, but yet they would be good for browsing the internet and such.

Basically i am wondering is there any bluetooth mice out there that aren't laggy in order for me to play video games with it. Like Counter strike. Otherwise i will put up with getting a little usb dongle.

I've only dealt with one bluetooth mouse at work and I can say that it worked well. Very easy to setup and was smooth with no bad lag or anything like that. Obviously its not going to be as good as a gaming $100+ mice but I found it to be quite good.

I say go for it

They don't lag they just sometimes lose connection for a fraction of a second. That happens with almost anything wireless though.

gaming mice tend to be corded...if not for convenience than anything...

cordless mice can run out of batteries or the energy can fade, and as noted, the signal can go in and out....not a good thing if you are into shooters...but no big deal if you are into slow paced games.

I prefer USB mice. With dongles the size of bottle caps, they hardly take up any space. I haven't seen any bluetooth models 6 buttons or I might consider one. Besides I require all the bandwidth I can get when using my Sony bluetooth stereo headphones and when using with my cell phone as tethered modem.

I prefer USB mice. With dongles the size of bottle caps, they hardly take up any space. I haven't seen any bluetooth models 6 buttons or I might consider one. Besides I require all the bandwidth I can get when using my Sony bluetooth stereo headphones and when using with my cell phone as tethered modem.

I think i am going to have to agree with you there. I think i will get this mouse. Since the dongle is so small and i can leave it plugged into my laptop with no worries. The only thing though is that i will have 2 free usb ports instead 3, but i think that will be alright.

Amazon.com: Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks: Electronics

Bluetooth mice are definetly the best of the wireless mice... or of basicly anything wireless. The gaming ones are wired so they can communicate with the computer faster. Even with first person shooters, I don't see the need to have that little bit of extra speed. I think the main thing about gaming mice are they are higher "resolution" for lack of a better term... They detect slighter movements more precisely. I don't think you need any of that crap. Its all marketing mumbo-jumbo. My microsoft bluetooth mouse works just fine with COD4.

I think i am going to have to agree with you there. I think i will get this mouse. Since the dongle is so small and i can leave it plugged into my laptop with no worries. The only thing though is that i will have 2 free usb ports instead 3, but i think that will be alright.

Amazon.com: Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks: Electronics

Most of the reviews of model from Newegg are favorable. The price with free shipping is the same too. There are several ways to increase the number of USB ports you have, but that can be discussed in another thread.

Hello,

Depending on the OS you might have some issues with using the Bluetooth Mouse. I know and have seen issues with certain Bluetooth mice and Vista. Like trying to operate in Safe Mode. Those bluetooth drivers are not loaded and make the mouse inoperable in Safe Mode. So that is something to be aware of.

But overall they are the best type of wireless to use. They do nto get interference from any household items and also have some of the best range as well. I have used my bluetooth stuff from over 30' away before without any singal lose or static or anything.

So really it is a toss up. If there is some good drivers i would say go for it.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom