Best Dell Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8400gs's are only good for aero an not much more than that.

My 8600gt in my lenovo runs Company of Heroes Just fine.

Not bad for a laptop that only cost about 850 bucks shipped...

8400GS can run the Source engine decently on a smaller screen (1280x900?). My friend plays Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Garry's Mod all the time on his laptop. It works much better on my 8600M GS obviously (and I have a bigger screen) but the 8400M GS is good enough for older games.

Honestly, Source is a joke, It can run on anything.

Don't expect a 8400gs to be able to run anything decently that's been released in the last 4 years...

Hello,

Sorry but to say Source is a joke is not true. Source is what has ushered in the newest age of gaming. Half Life 2 is what had started this big trend into most modern day games.

Half-Life 2 is what set the bar for many FPS like BioShock and Crysis which now hold the standard. Plus to do it with such low requirements compared to those games is astonishing.

Source may not be the top of the line now. But it is what had started this trend to realistic games. Without them we would still be back in the UT days with more cartoon looking games.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Sorry but to say Source is a joke is not true. Source is what has ushered in the newest age of gaming. Half Life 2 is what had started this big trend into most modern day games.

Half-Life 2 is what set the bar for many FPS like BioShock and Crysis which now hold the standard. Plus to do it with such low requirements compared to those games is astonishing.

Source may not be the top of the line now. But it is what had started this trend to realistic games. Without them we would still be back in the UT days with more cartoon looking games.

Cheers,
Mak

Source may have ushered in a new era of gaming, but it sure attracted a lot of selfish a**holes. Ever gone to a large lan party lately?, it's always the Source players who are rude, obnoxious, loud, and generally not a lot of fun.

Source tournaments just attract the wrong kinds of people to lans, and to gaming in general.

I really don't want to have this argument with someone again, but suffice to say, I'm not a fan.

Aspire,

I am not saying you are wrong about that part. But the same can be said of any game. I have played Starcraft online and meet the same exact bunch of people you talk about. So it isnt just limited to Source games. That is just massive online gaming in general.

It happened with Diablo, Warcraft, Final Fantasy Online, Starcraft and many more. Almost any game you go online with you can find these type of people. It isnt just limited to Source Tourney's.

I fully agree with that aspect. But to say Source itself is bad cause of the way people act isnt right. That is like saying XP is bad cause people hated it when it came out.

I am not trying to agrue on this matter. I am just saying that no matter what game you play you can find these people. Halo is another one. So Source is not the root of that issue. It is the people playing the games.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom