window on both side's and see through mobo tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste2425

Baseband Member
We'll it says it all, ive currently modded my pc to have a green tinted window on the front with lime green lights and added the usual window on the sides which still looks good, but i wanted to try a new ides, something that hasnt been done before, and ive realised windows are always top front or fasing (spelt right) the mobo. for the obvious reason the back all you could see is the mobo tray. But what if that could be side stepped? By making a see through tray that you could fit your mobo on then you could see all the kwl little soldering patterns etc, maby back light it fron top or bottom it would look kwl, them have the usual winodw on the front.
It could be done with a little patients but theres one problem that i carn't find an answer too. The mobo is earthed trhough the tray to the rest of the case right? Well if i make a see through tray it will not conduct electricity so how would you eartch the mobo?

all ideas and thoughts really appritiated.

holy crap... please tell me you don't live in an English speaking country...

and do you mean ground the motherboard? not earth? you don't want electricity to be going from the motherboard to the case... so acrylic is not a problem, the bad thing about it though, is that it conducts heat, and lots of heat comes out the back of motherboards

go for, just remember when you make the tray, that it has to attach to the case so that the expansion cards and I/O panel still line up... unless you modify those too

and your orientation of cases is wrong

the front side of the case is the front panel which usually has all the drive bay covers, the side panels are the ones that usually have windows.

good idea though, too bad there can't be clear PCB lol

cheers by the way man... i think

ground yea thats the one, doesnt it have to be grounded?

oh the slaughterbox (splet right?) was great by the way....

thx

it doesn't have to be grounded, but it is a good idea

what you can do is to just wire a screw from each component to a screw on the PSU

so just put a wire from each screw on the mobo tray to a screw on the psu case? hmm wouldnt just soldering it to the outside of the case work? or would it have to actually be attached to one of the screws?

i decided to cheat:p i decided that make a mobo tray and earthing it an gettin it to fit my case was way out of my league so i decided to cut a hole in the mobo tray:D Paint the visible side lime green, same as my case, ad a few lights here and there then put the case door back on with a window. It solves all the problems. I just need to save some cash for the lights:D

get so,me plexy glass itl conduct heat better then acrylic.

you don't want it to conduct heat because then it'll keep all the heat right around the motherboard

I forget what the word is for when heat goes through an object...

aluminum is the best for that, which is why many high end aluminum cases advertise super cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom