Dual Core, Dual boots...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
Hey guys I just custom built my own system a couple months ago specs as follows:

Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 (no oc)
2GB 800mhz ram
Seagate 500g SataII HDD
Asus P5N-E SLI mobo
SB live 24!
EVGA Geforce 9800 GT(installed drivers off given CD and display propertiesd shoes as a 9600GT)

Other then a couple of random video card will drop and whole comp freezes randomly throughout my computing but I just formatted and installed WinXp and when I boot my computer it will load windows and then bam sut down and restart again, load windows and shut down restart and usually on the third or sometimes the fourth time it will load windows and work fine, I had this problem before so i had replaced my 300G IDE HDD with the SataII I have now. Any other components known to cause this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Did you put a fresh install of Windows on the drive? Have you run things like MemTest86 to check your RAM?

Cheers,
Mak

Also check in BIOS that your RAM is running at the right speeds. I built a small file server with the P5N-E and it was trying to run an 800MHz set at 3-3-3-8-2T timings which of course caused the system to restart constantly.

Ok so this computer has been sitting here not being used for a while because I didn't have needs for it thanks to my laptop, I hooked it up the other day purchased 4 Gigs of 800mhz ram(same speed as the 2g in there currently) and well this computer is completely messed up. The winXP 64 on the HDD now was corrupt so i tried to re install. First i tryed windows 7, it always freezes after it copies the files and displays the Windows 7 logo and says "windows is starting up" next i tryed windows vista x64 business, same stuff, it copies the files shows the vista loading bar, displays the vista installer background and then locks up, lastly i tryed win xp x64 it loads up and when I press f8 to show HDD drives it takes longer then usual and then finally shows the disclaimer, I can then see my 500gb Sata drive which I formatted and copied all the windows files too and then after the reboot(which usually boots into the windows xp installer) it either freezes completely or says "Windows could not start up becuase of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk" This HDD was brand new.... the only concern that I have that may of messed it up was that I left my computer in my Freezing cold car for a night or two back in the winter other then that it hasn't been used. I am ready to punt this brand new system and beat the living capacitors out of it. Any help would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom