new rig suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
bah!!! i thought that the 4850 beat my 9800gtx on any board(just by a little)
but just a couple of hours a go i clocked my gtx at 825 core 2100 shader and 1260 mem- now can the 4850 really beat a overlclock like that?

Yes. With water cooling gurusan has overclocked his 4850 high enough to beat a GTX 280.

83392671aj3.jpg

here's what i have so far

would i be better off with the raptor to spit out info quicker so my CPU can process it or would the barracuda work fine considering its more than $100 cheaper and more than twice the capacity?

Hello,

So I bought all the components from newegg for my new build. Upon my initial install i couldn't get the computer to post at all. I kept getting the same issue, NO SIGNAL on the monitor. I've tested the monitor on my laptop and it works fine. So I RMA'd the 1st motherboard back and got a 2nd. Same problem and so I RMA'd that back and got the 3rd, same exact problem. Now every time i do power on the computer I just have the basic video card, ram and keyboard plugged in. So now on my 3rd motherboard with this same exact problem I'm feeling it must be something else. What else could make the computer not post? I'm sending back the CPU now and keeping the 3rd motherboard. Another thing is the computer doesn't have a system speaker, so i plugged in my old case speaker and still no beeps to go off of. No clue what else to do guys, def need help.

Without knowing your component types its hard to find the problem. That type of problem with new components I would put down to a compatibility issue with some of the hardware you might have.

Please reply with hardware details.

Yes indeed you should put your parts here, most probably be the compatibility problem.

What do you think about this its about $450 more.
got the c2duo because im waiting for nehalem

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=8949326
opticals from old alienware
Vista64bitPremium $79.99
all in my thermaltake soprano rs101... should i add some fans?

Cheers

whoa! thats great, i suppose it was water, imagine what he could do with a 4870/gtx280 on that loop.

whoa! thats great, i suppose it was water, imagine what he could do with a 4870/gtx280 on that loop.

Imagine the score on a more far game... it'd be even more deadbeat even.. or if not the GTX 280 trailing by a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom