PC Won't Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzh

In Runtime
Sorry in advance for any mistakes as I'm writing this from my iPhone and it isn't the most ideal thing to type / use forums on.

Basically the computer in my sig I have had for almost 18 months, in the past (a long while) I had problems with my pc just turning off (as if the mains were turned off), just going completely off. It'd boot back up and maybe do it again, at random times. On desktop, ingane, anything. Itd only do this very rarely and with a quick fiddle inside it'd work fine again.. Sometimes it'd start working without touching it.

Anyway it's been fine for a while and it started doing it again but now it won't turn on at all, it hasn't been on for around a weekish now as I've only got round to messing with it today. Bare in mind I'm not a newb at computers, I have no idea what's wrong... When I press the power switch all the fans start up and all of my leds and lights. The power switch on my psu is lit so it's powered... After seeming like it's going to start it just dies down and shuts off after about a second.

I've pretty much rebuilt it, took out everything (except mobo, which was slightly loose and not screwed down enough, so I screwed all possible screws in so it was firmly down, although I couldn't find any brass mobo screws so I used normal small silver screws.

I made sure all cables were connected properly, refitted the heatsink, re fitted psu and all cables. I took the CMOS battery thing out a little while..

I tried both different sticks of ram in seperately and even in different slots.

I tried a different kettle lead.

I tried booting without the graphics card in.

I have no idea what else could be up? I'm out of ideas and it's stupidly frustrating. The only thing I can think of is the PSU? And if so would it be under warrenty?

Thanks in advance.

I've rebuilt it (pretty much took everything

That's what i thought, had a fiddle with it and messed it around...

i'm pretty sure it's in the right location, as when its in "correct" place, the computer will get the slight nudge-up 1 second start (fans / leds) then die.

If it's elsewhere it won't even get this...

Anyone? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom