mouse cursor in win2k pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0wl3y

Solid State Member
Hi all,

This is my first post, so apologies if i do anything incorrectly!

I have a probem with a compaq laptop running win2k pro. I have changed the mouse cursors to extra large through control panal and then changed the main arrow to a large colour one. I apply the changes and everything is ok, i have a nice big arrow.

However, when i restart the system, the arrow defaults to the standard sized white arrow. I have been into the registry and checked in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/control panal/cursors and checked the path and name of the cursor. According to this info it should be the large colour one, but it isnt!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi wentaoma,

Not quite sure what you mean "manipulation", but i have just tried to hold down ctrl while in windows and nothing has changed.

Thanks for your reply, though

I mean you should hold down ctrl in the process of changing cursor till you click OK.
But as you posted just now, it will be of no help. :(

this is probably a dumb question seeing as how its on a laptop and all, but are you logged into windows as administrator?

hi jaknlisa619,

Yeah, i have checked and i am logged in as the admin....

Bit of a strange one this, dont you just love windows?

Thanks for your help

If anyones interested i have sorted this out now.

Basically, the Laptop was running a peice of software that the Maxys rollerball used and this software also had a pointer select option that was set to the normal windows mouse pointer.

Might help someone else out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom