Bsod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okitasoshi

In Runtime
I built a computer for my uncle a couple weeks ago and he's been telling me he's getting BSOD's fairly often, I went to check out his comp and sure enough after about 1 hour and working and installing stuff on his comp I get an error, and i get a different error when i try and reinstall windows.

Anyway I figured it's the 350Watt PoS Winsys PSU I got with the case. And just in case it's not the PSU tomorrow I'll be checking the Ram to check if it's the culprit.

Background on Comp:
Biostar TA780G
AMD BE-2300 Brisbane
Wintec AMPX 2GB

As you can see it's a very low requirement system. so I didn't think the PSU would have a problem running it.

yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Wintec AMPX came highly praised from many sites, so I'm shying away from that. And while it could be the Biostar motherboard...idk just seems to me like a messed up motherboard would cause more than a random Bsod. And I know Random Bsod's can occur when the power supply can't flow enough power to the parts. and it only seemed to happen when things heated up (~1 hour of operation).

Did you check in Windows System Event Log yet?

First test the systems RAM like you said and the hard drive(s) before buying any new parts.

It turns out is WAS the Ram, I put it in my computer and it totally messed everything up, stress tested it for 45 minutes, worked fine, then all of a sudden just took a dump all over my comp. RMA'ing it now, they were Wintec Ampx 2GB, the good kind with lifetime warranty =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom