Alienware Face lighting (Is modding this possible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So, I dunno why, but my case came without the face light, I assume because it was bought used, so the outlet I bought it from takes it off, so its not an exact alienware case.

So here the plug part (in the middle of the picture its quite small) I assume I just need a blue light that has both a negative and possitive pins, but there is a bottom line, which complicates it for me, What should I do, and where can I buy this light?

Non related question: Do Cold cathodes lose their brightness after years? (this case is 5 years old, So not sure if its worth getting new cold cathodes)

Back side:

1. Terrible Picture.

2. Cathodes have a life span, 5 years is a long time and they aren't exactly expensive...

3. You probably need a 3 or a 5mm led to replace whats missing.

? I can take another picture but it will probably end up the same.

Do you want a pic closer?

And where exactly can I find a 3 or 5 mm light?

Cold cathodes have a life span, I understand that, but do they get dimmer?

Radio Shack for one...

Usually tho, you buy them in large quantities.

It's an LED, call it that, not a light...

There is no online store that sell those LEDS?

Lol, I call them lights because one time, I went to a PC store, and asked them if they sold LED fans, and he did just not understood what that was. So I just pointed and hes like "AHHH Light fans!" -.-"

You can find em online but they usually want you to buy a lot of them at a time. They aren't individually expensive, Plus shipping will rape the cost. They are only the size of a pea...

Sure, online stores sell LED's... but its more expensive if you just need a few, because of shipping and all, unless you want to buy bulk LED's (hundreds). In-store is easier because you don't pay shipping, and you get 'em right away... And yes, RadioShack should have them (I'd know, I work at one lol).

Edit: aspire beat me to it.

Also...if you need to take close-up pics..use the Macro function on your digital camera. It should look like a picture of a flower.

This is a 6 year old or so digital camera, So as to the exact size, you guys can't tell by the picture?

Also, I dunno if you guys say it, but it has like a line connector at the bottom. will it still work if I dont use that line connector?

Dude... that picture does not tell me **** about anything.

I'm making an educated case as to that it needs an led because of my experience with computer cases. It can't really be anything else.

haha sorry.

But I say same thing as you. I just din't knew what they are called.

So I think am going for the 3mm because I dont dont see alot of space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom