Yep, more water cooling questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
Ok i want to water cool my 9800gtx when i get the money. because when i play games i have to turn the fan up to 80% + to keep it under 60C and that is sooooo loud and putting my hand at the back of the case where the fan blows air out it is extremely hot. like it feels like a hairdryer and sounds like one to. so what i am looking for is a dual, triple, quad 80mm rad a waterblock that will fully cover the 9800gtx and a pump that will be able to handle adding another loop for cpu. also if some one could direct me to some cheap tygon tubing. i all ready have fluid i will use. i dont want to spend a arm and a leg eathier like 100-150. i know that the water block will be expensive. thanks!

1. A full cover water block for your card will run you about 125 on it's own.

2. You will want a 2x120mm rad. 80mm rads are generally garbage.

3. A good pump for a cpu and gpu loop like you want will run you between 75-100 bucks.

4. Cheap water cooling is just that, cheap. You won't get good performance, and you run a significant risk by using these kinds of parts in your computer.

5. For cheap tubing take a look at Masterkleer tubign from any major water cooling retailer.

Do some more research before even considering moving towards water cooling. It is expensive, difficult to setup unless you know what your doing, and it definitely isn't great in terms of cost/performance.

i used to have a water cooling loop around christmas but i sold it and got my 9800gtx and psu. but even that a good friend picked out the parts and i put it together. and i would like to get a 120mm rad but i dont have room on the back of my case as i only have 2 80mm fans. and it's not wide enough to put a 120mm on it. but would something like this Petra's Tech Shop work with something like this Petra's Tech Shop and keep it nice and cool. or should i get something like this Petra's Tech Shop

Either way you should be fine.

However, they dont make 80mm radiators biger than 2x80mm and even then your limited to one manufacturer. They perform poorly and will not be enough to a cpu and gpu.

You can always use a 80 to 120mm fan converter to hang the radiator off the back of the case.

Like this. 80mm to 120mm Fan Adapters

Otherwise, buy a new case. It will be a much better investment.

that 80mm to 120mm fan adapter is a genius idea!!! i will probably use one of those. so could you suggest a good triple 120mm rad then also a good pump what do you recommend?

i just spent a good 2 days turning this case from beige to gloss black and i love it. it's also a lot bigger than my old apevia mid tower

An mcr-220 should do you just fine in regards to a radiator.

For a pump I would go with a mcp650 d-5 basic.

Make sure you use clamps!!!

clamps definantely!! thats how i almost ruined my system around christmas w/o using clamps the tubes stay on the fittings for about a day but then the water just drips out by the gallon! but i cant find the pump you mentioned

clamps definantely!! thats how i almost ruined my system around christmas w/o using clamps the tubes stay on the fittings for about a day but then the water just drips out by the gallon! but i cant find the pump you mentioned

zip ties work too... lol just don't play with the tubing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom