8800GT SLI with 9800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlos

Baseband Member
Hey guys, so i got the million dollar question.

My friend has an EVGA 8800GT which he would like to SLI unfortunately he cannot find the exact same version of 8800GT which he purchased to buy now and SLI.

Now to our knowledge the new 9800GT's are 8800 GT's with Tri SLI support, so essentially all that is different is that the 9800's have an extra slot for Tri SLI.

We understand that to SLI two cards they need to be the same codec and run on the same platform. Which they do already...G92

We cannot find anything about anyone asking this similar question, and I have always trusted the opinions of these forums, so if you guys could come up with or find some more information for us that would be awesome thanks.

well you could always throw them in there and slap on a sli bridge and see if it works. but you dont have to have the same exact 8800gt they can be from diff manufactures but try to keep same ram size cause sli uses the smallest ram size for video. example you have a asus 8800gt 512mb and you want to sli but you buy a evga 8800gt 1gb it would only use 512 of the 1gb on the evga so total size for vid ram is 1gb

also the 9800gt is 55nm core so i dont know if it'l work

i don't think it matters.. i had an xfx 7900gt xxx anda regular 7900gt.. sure they clocked down to regular 7900gt... but i just overclocked em both anyway.. lol

i don't think it matters.. i had an xfx 7900gt xxx anda regular 7900gt.. sure they clocked down to regular 7900gt... but i just overclocked em both anyway.. lol

Ya thats usually what I recommend, take a reference one, and superclock it yourself xD

ya... no joke... but sometimes superclocked versions come cheap!! (MSI does it all the time!!)

i'm really interested in 9800gt tri sli.. i need to find benchies and whatnot for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom