amd 3200 xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG_AIZZLE

In Runtime
If i have and amd xp 3200 and i have 2700 ram would it slow it down because i thought it only complied to the faster cpu's like 64bit and p4's but i may be wrong pls tell me!

wait wait what? the processors speed is independent of the rams speed, so you ram would work at 333mhz (2700) and your cpu would work at 3200+ (whatever ghz that is)

Well im asking would the 2700 slow down the xp 3200s prossesing speed because i know that happens with cpus!

well it shouldn't hinder the cpu that much but it will hinder how fast programs load up so i guess it would hinder it because you aren't able to unleash the true power of your cpu.

since the 3200 xp fsb is 400mhz i would think that that cpu would overclock your memory from 333 to 400mhz

Or underclock the CPU to 333mhz ~2500+ speeds

If you can, change the CPU-RAM ratio to match the hardware you have

IE 333mhz ram and 400mhz CPU

You will be able to use the slower ram with the faster CPU, the speeds are independant of each other if the mobo supports it. The thing is though, you will start to get a bottleneck around your ram. your CPU will be completing tasks and calling on your ram faster than your ram can spit stuff out. I would recommend getting some pc-3200 ram, youll notice a performance difference.

you cant change the Bus, but only the multiplie, so no need to over clock or underclock the components.

even if you insert PC3200, you wont find significant performance Boost, so better is to be with it. or else you'll end up saying (what the Hell!!)

CPU has actually 2 speeds, one is called internal and other External, internal refers to that CLock that is 3200+ and external is 400 (the 200Mz DDR), it will never effect ur CPU's performance in anyway. not to worry, Be Happy!!

listen to what sithspawn said...that is exactly what i was trying to say, bravo sith!

if you don't get the better ram then you will notice a hindering in speed, your comp will be just a little slower then it should so i would suggest that you get the pc3200 and save your self the future heart ach when you really are gonna need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom