what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
A buddy of mine on that I play CS with is having a problem with his PC. Down below is how he explained the situation.

I opened up the case, while it was still on, just to see if i had a slot to add my old sound card in (so i could use its firewire outlet for my camera) and i was looking at sh1t and i dropped a screw inside the case. When the screw dropped in i reached my hand in to get it and i guess i nudged something and it turned off immediately after nudging whatever it was, but i cant find anything thats loose or out of place so i really don't know.

When he tried to turn on the PC after that happened, the pc would not give anything kind of signal. The fans wouldn't spin or anything. He did say that the LED lights on the MOBO would turn on when he flipped the power switch of the PSU on.

He has another PSU that he was going to try out but while he was going to switch the PSUs, he started pushing the start button and what not and when he pushed it the cpu fan and back case fan spun for about 1 second.

What do you guys think? I don't have a clue, but maybe thought one of you techies might.

Did he find the screw he dropped? The screw could be touching the board and causing a short. Therefore the power doesn't turn on. If he did then check for any other parts of board that might have been shifted.

Also check that he didn't push the power switch connection on the motherboard just slightly off so that the computer doesn't turn on.

Yeah, he got the screw out. No parts seemed to have shifted he said..and he says the power switch on the mobo is fine.

He says everything is good.. mobo light is on and everything is in the right place, but when he goes to turn it on, nothing happens.

He said that the cpu fan and back case fan have spun for like a second a couple times when he tried to turn on the computer.

Yeah I've had that problem with computers before. The reason being that the board shorted out and I had to buy a new one. Ask him to get a power supply tester first and test that. If it works then it's very likely it's the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom