Best Dell Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli10

Solid State Member
I know "best" is pretty broad, but I'm looking for something that can handle gaming, and would be good for a college student like myself.

I don't know what exactly to look for in a laptop, but I want something that's fast and has a lot of space and stuff.

Thanks in advance guys....

On second thought, it doesn't have to be a Dell, although I'd probably prefer a Dell.

Dells are over $1,000 for a gaming one. I would suggest something on newegg, or this

IBuyPower Computer :: Battalion 101 CLX Ultra

I had a single core alienware amd athlon 64, and that thing kicked my intel core 2 duos butt. Just think what an amd turion 64 x2 can do.

or if that isn't good, then this site has better deals

CyberPower Inc. - building the best Gaming PC is not only our profession, it is our obsession.

wow.. that makes no sense at all.. you must be talking about Core Duo?

Nope. They where both alienware laptops, and the amd single core smoked the core 2 duo 1.86ghz.

The amd was a 2.0ghz or a 2.2ghz, can't remember, but the intel core 2 duo was a 1.86ghz and it was the core 2 duo unless the laptop lied.

I also had a intel core 2 duo e6600 desktop computer with 3gb ddr2, 8800gts, and it was close to the amd 64 single core laptop.

Not physically possible...

Stop Trolling, and bumping every single Mod Log.

Otherwise I'll report you.

If you do prefer the dell you can have a look at their Dell XPS M1570/M1530, they are good for gaming.

My friends just got Dell 14" laptops (one of them got a Vostro 1400 and the other got an Inspiron 1420, pretty much the same thing). Those laptops are well under $1000 and have an 8400M GS. They're kinda small (I like bigger screens, that's why I have a 17" HP) but decent gaming PC's if the games you play aren't super cutting edge (aka no Crysis). My HP dv9700t is a bit expensive, though I went overboard on the CPU and got a 2.5GHz one. My 8600M GS is OK at gaming, but again, not really for new high end stuff (Crysis runs, but only at 1024x768 with Medium/Low settings). I would look for at least an 8800M GT or better (not sure how it'd work, but an 8600M GT [not GS] may also work fairly well too). Look for the second number (8600, 8800, 9600, etc) and the letters (GS, GT, GTS, GTX, etc) for performance comparison on nVidia GPU's. Usually the higher the second number, the better it is (the first number is more of a grouping number than anything). The letter rankings go GS (weakest), GT, GTS, GTX (strongest). I don't know the numbering scheme for ATi anymore, I stopped caring about ATi after I got my Radeon and found out how it didn't work at all in Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom