Does this MotherBoard Require..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

PETEXSTER

Beta member
Does The MSI Platinum K92A Require 2 ATI Crossfire graphics cards to be able to use my computer ( view content or post) or can i use it with one cuz i got a Radeon HD 4850 and i can afford to spend another 200 bucks right now im just wondering if its possable to just run one graphics card right now on the k92a till i get enough for the second one.

check for all power cables plugged in properly, card seated correctly, everything else plugged in, check to see if computer is turned on........just go around checking cables and if that doesn't work come back

idk i checked all the plugs and everything there all fine anyone here runing a msi platinum K9A2 with one Video Card cuz the manuel makes it seem like u need 2 cards 2 run this motherboard but thats would be stupid if it couldnt run on just one card, both the motherboard and the video card is brand new.

im running

AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ (CPU)
MSI Platinum K9A2 (MotherBoard)
SeaGate Barracuda 200GBytes IDE (HardDrive)
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mbytes (Video Card)
Pioneer 18x18 dvd/cd drive SATA (CD/DVD Drive)
RAIDMAX 430 watt (Power Supply)
2Gbytes DDR2 OCZ 800M (RAM)
2Gbytes DDR2 Kingston 1066M (RAM) was gonna configure ram to 800m in bios

try booting with only 2gb of RAM in ...if you haven't installed your OS having more than 2gb of RAM could cause booting issues.

is your computer getting power at all? (fans turning..hard drive making noises) if not, maybe your PSU is dead/not enough

yes everything inside the pc is working fine all fans are running and mb lights are lit just nothing pops up on the monitor and my harddrive already has an os windows xp server pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom