Worklog: "Spirit of the Dragon and the Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
what paint/thinnner/hardener ratio do you use to with that flake paint? seems like it has to be pretty thin. i used a smaller metallic flake on my boat that mixed usual, but the flakes were much smaller.
what psi on your compressor to shoot it?
everything looking great so far!

Nice...so can I have your life please?
jkz Man, this is looking sweeet!

Thank you Drizzt5, you may wanna reconsider, I'm a starving artist :(

what paint/thinnner/hardener ratio do you use to with that flake paint? seems like it has to be pretty thin. i used a smaller metallic flake on my boat that mixed usual, but the flakes were much smaller.
what psi on your compressor to shoot it?
everything looking great so far!

This is my partner Brad's dept, I'll drop him a note

No flimsy steel here folks, this is 14 gauge plain steel.

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog1.jpg

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog5.jpg

1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog3.jpg

nagasama,
The yellow is a PPG Mazda Chrome Yellow paint code is 21T or BZ depending on car manufacturer.I used PPG DT870 1:1 for reduction, sprayed three coats.Flake is HOK Ice Pearl Gold, mixed with HOK SG-100 Intercoat Clear reduced 1:1 with DT870 before adding pearl.Psi was around 25psi, mostly because it was a smaller gun plus I didn't want to blast/waste it,lower psi means more on project less in air.

Hopefully we'll be engraving the top ring today, with our title rotating around the ring "Spirit of the Dragon and the Tiger"

Installing the 120mm floor intake fan, first I installed U-channel and fan grommets

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zH.jpg

1/2" grommet I found in my parts bin, may have come from one of my old cars :D

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zI.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zL.jpg

ACRyan "BlackFire" 120mm fan with aluminum mesh filter I painted. You should always filter your intake fans to prevent dust & dirt build up in your PC

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zJ.jpg

Black Hardcoat Anodized 120mm machined fan grill, sold here at performance-pcs (Made by Mnpctech)

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zK.jpg

My customer sent along these Rocker switches and wanted them mounted in the floor, keep in mind the chassis will be elevated with platform shoes... what?!... you'll see

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zM.jpg

Dressed up the rocker switches with 1/8" thick carbon fiber plate

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zN.jpg

Logo for Bruce Lee's martial art, Jeet Kune Do. Most likely on the right side panel would be real cool

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zX.jpg

photos from yesterday

Marking off 6/32 screw fan mounting locations in the grill before drilling,
bruce_lee_casemod9g1zU.jpg

HoK Yellow Pearl on top panel
bruce_lee_casemod9g1zV.jpg

Front 120mm intake grill, masked off the center Dragion design
bruce_lee_casemod9g1zT.jpg

Close up of HoK Yellow pearl paint
bruce_lee_casemod9g1zS.jpg

Looking good, looking good.

It is amazing what a little ingenuity can bring about, eh? An idea that becomes a theme that becomes a plan that becomes reality.

Thank you Trotter, I really appreciate your comment :)

Paint, and an heres up to the minute Update straight from Brad!!! It looks like sculpted Granite! :eek:

bruce_lee_casemod9g1zY.jpg

Before shot.
1laser_cut_fangrill_casemodblog3.jpg

Thanks dudes! Yes, Thermaltake's 250mm cooling fan moves a lot of air! The 250mm fan grill is now complete, the granite paint effect was airbrushed by Mnpctech.com painter, Brad Galvin. The grills are fastened together with 6/32 stainless steel machine screws w/ 1/4" tall aluminum spacers between the grills

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan1.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan2.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan3.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan4.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan5.jpg

1bruce_lee_casemodblog.com_250mmFan6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom