4850 check...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the crappy ram modules on my card have finally gotten to me. (Can't even play at under clocked clocks for longer then an hour... ********) . I am buying a 4850 most likely.

To answer your question vernong ^^ I will be RMA-ing it and selling it after I buy my 4850.

I would of been perfectly happy with my 8800 gt if it at least played at stock settings but it is unacceptable that in FEAR, Mass Effect, and ATI tool (my 3 favorite games, jk) it artifacts at STOCK and sometimes LOWER settings.

XFX will RMA me... but sadly, I do not feel like waiting 2 weeks or more for my card to come back so they will not have my business until perhaps next time.

I think even 2-3 weeks from now, I can get at least $100-120 for a brand new 8800 gt if not here then elsewhere. It is of the "super clocked" kind...And most of the 8800 gt's aren't that cheap without a rebate or something.

I thought about that... if I got a 55nm I would have to benchmark the 9800gt 55nm vs the 4850... lol for you guys and for me. I think the 4850 still comes out on top though if a 9800gtx+ gets beat by a 4850 but you never know!

Ya I'm not expecting it to beat it... I'm guessing just a little better performance

I hope my 2nd attempt at a multi GPU setup (My 1st being 8500gt sli LOL my 2nd being 8800 gt sli, both the biggest failures ever) will provide much better results, and I think they will.

I was thinking about it last night, I'm taking NOOO chances. When I pick up the 2nd card, it's gonna be same brand and everything. And it's gotta be cheaper then $150 not counting rebates including shipping for me to consider it :p. Hopefully in december at latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom