Hard Drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ack35

Solid State Member
Ok, well i built my own pc and everything works great but then i wanted to add a second hard drive to it so i plug it in and when i hit the power button the fan turns on for a moment and then all power dies. When i unplug the new hard drive everything works fine again, i also tried plugging in just the new hard drive and taking out the old one but the same thing happens.

Hello,

This sounds like a Power Supply problem. Are you sure your power supply can handle the full load of all your components?

Cheers,
Mak

I'm pretty sure it can, it's a Rosewill 350 watt psu that was highly recomended. Even if it was a power supply problem wouldn't the hard drive work if i unplugged the other one?

Hello,

Sorry must have missed that part. It sounds as if it could be a bad drive. Can you test it in another system?

Cheers,
Mak

Well, i'm pretty sure that it's not the hard drive because i took another hard drive that i'm almost positive works and plugged it in by itself and the computer does the same thing... it powers on for half a second then shuts off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom