New budget gaming rig, need advice/opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats a matter of opinion, if he likes it its up to him, my understanding was he was building a gaming rig with dual or more monitors. if he is only using dual for non gaming purposes then just get a cheaper card.

^yeah, i guess it is, but have u ever tried to game with 2 monitors, fps's are unplayable as your aim is always between the monitors, so there is a gap...with three it might be ok, but to make it look good you would need at least 3 19" monitors, preferable 22", that is gonna cost a lot. So the question is, are u gonna be gaming on more then one of the monitors?

No, I'll only be using the primary for gaming, the other monitors will be for general workstation use. Sorry for the confusion. And I think I've made up my mind to go with one 8800gt for now, and leave the possibility for another (cheap) card later if I need it. Won't bother with sli or Xfire

Puddle: Thanks for the board, I was looking into possible cheaper motherboards and that one looks good. (If anyone else knows of something better let me know)

Well, I ordered the parts this morning, so they'll probably be en route tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom